Tuesday, November 19, 2013

On Being Thankful

With the Thanksgiving Holiday nipping at our heels I have been mindful these last few days of how thankful I am for the life God has laid out before me.  It's not been an easy life by any stretch of the imagination, however it's a life filled with grace and the love of my family and friends.  Terry and I will be married 27 years in January.  He still spoils me and I still let him.  We have our kids, grand kids and now a great grandchild.  With that how can I not be thankful.

This year Terry and I are doing Thanksgiving differently than we have in years.  We are going to have Thanksgiving with Teddy, Elizabeth and Cassidy and Teddy is doing the cooking.  We are excited to do things a little differently this year.  And I don't have to cook it.  It will be a test to see if I can stay out of the way of the chef.  We taught our kids to cook.   Now we reap the rewards of those lessons taught so long ago.

I am mindful of all that I have to be thankful for and when I think about it I can't help but feel blessed.

1 comment: